Wednesday, November 14, 2012

An Update on Events & A Little on Being an Author

I have several publications coming out very soon for those interested - the 'Codex Celtarum' later this month, 'To Kill a King' (adventure module #4) in December, 'The Vampire's Code' (part two of my Steampunk Horror series) on December 1st, and holding my breath on word from a literary agency on my Celtic adventure novel 'The Girl with the Rainbow Eyes' that will offer to help me see it published by one of the 'Big Six'. 




In my project list, all of this is only the first fourth of the way done with LOTS to go! The two factors that keeps a writer a writer is, 1.) writing as much as possible, 2.) and writing superlative stuff when you do compose works. Never break your stride once you get it, the flow must continue, like the Spice on Dune. Inspiration works differently for everyone, but the end result is the same. What happens next depends on the author's decision. 



I think personally, from a novelist's point-of-view, the pinnacle of the art is being published by a large imprint or company and being represented by an agency. If I can achieve this once in my writing career, it can go whatever course events will direct and I won't complain. That guarantees a true global audience and chance of success that is not comparable to any other level of being published (rare flukes aside). 




From a game designer/writer's perspective, success to me comes from knowing that people are eager for my next work, and then put it to good use, enhancing their lives and hobbies for years to come. The excitement level is always high for each module and upcoming Codices that it makes me know that I am doing something right. Once place to see proof of this is in the forums, they are lit up with excited talk and speculation. I cannot believe that this is over my work and ideas, my skill, and it is liberating and justifying.

Frankly, being a writer is the coolest thing to do ever and I wouldn't change it for anything!





No comments:

Post a Comment